- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Smash the brown sugar in the bottom of the greased loaf pan. Then spread the ketchup over the brown sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf with the thickness being consistent across the whole thing. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for about an 1 hour.
This recipe was inspired by HouseFindings.com.